Monday, August 16, 2010

Get Educated: My Favorite Pro-Veg Websites

Those of you who are considering going vegetarian may have a lot of questions. How do I get started? What would I eat? What if I want to know more about why being a vegetarian/vegan is such a good idea? To help you out here is my list of favorite web sites:

1. GoVeg.com. This is a website of the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA). While I don’t agree with a lot of their tactics or ad campaigns they are a great resource if you want information on any reason to be a vegetarian (cruelty, health, environment, etc.).

2. The Vegetarian Times (www.VegetarianTimes.com.). For information on vegetarianism solely based on health issues their Vegetarian Starter Kit (see link to the right) is great. It’s also a wonderful resource for recipes.

3. Compassionate Cooks (www.CompassionateCooks.com). Colleen Patrick-Goudreau is the queen here and I love her podcasts.

4. Vegan Yum Yum (www.veganyumyum.com). This is a blog about cooking vegan and it’s full of great recipes (not all for beginners though). Lolo, the blogger, is also a great photographer. Just looking at the photos makes me hungry!

5. FatFree Vegan Kitchen (www.blog.fatfreevegan.com). This is my new “go to” web site for cooking vegan. The Fat Free Blueberry Vanilla Waffles recipe in the links list on the right is from this blog. So yummy!

Question: What websites do you go to for vegetarian information/help?

2 comments:

  1. Vegetarian Times is the best! Every recipe ive tried is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too! The Crispy Kale Leaves recipe link to the right is from Veg Times.

    ReplyDelete